Historic chimney dating consolidating cell business and home phones
This attractive timber framed building was built to serve as the Market Cross around 1520.
It stands two storeys high, with a jettied second storey. These are now filled in with brick, but would have originally been open, with space for market stalls beneath, with a pair of prison cells.
Louis was joined at Hartwell by his Queen, Marie-Josephine de Savoie, his niece the Duchesse D’Angoulême, daughter of Louis XVI and Marie Antoinette, his brother the Comte d’Artois, later Charles X, and Gustavus IV the exiled King of Sweden.
During the residence of the French Court the roof was converted into a miniature farm, where birds and rabbits were reared in cages, while vegetables and herbs were cultivated in densely planted tubs.
Situated on the East side of Love Point Road in Historic Stevensville, the Old Stevensville Post Office was acquired by the Kent Island Heritage Society in 1997.
Gold in color, gable end to the street, and trimmed with white gingerbread eaves, the Old Stevensville Post Office continues to serve as the societys headquarters.
The art of making decorated porcelain ware originated in China more than 1,000 years ago.
As in many small towns, the Old Stevensville Post Office served as a gathering spot for townspeople to share news or pass the time.
The obvious chimney stacks were a later addition, as was the name.
The town council met here, in a chamber on the first floor, accessed by way of an external stair.
the first English settlement in Maryland was predated only by colonies at Jamestown and Plymouth Rock.
In August 1631, William Claiborne landed here and established an outpost for trading.